Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Pages has unexpectedly quit", what do to?

Hi,

Every time I open Pages or Numbers, the program will end after a few seconds and I get the message "Pages (or Numbers) has unexpectedly quit'. I can't create a document when I keep getting this message. I'm also unable to open documents I've created before or that have been e-mailed to me.

What can I do? I've already removed plist files as I was told to do in another post, but the problem keeps coming back and it really annoys me.

I use a MacBook Pro, Pages '09 and OS X 10.8.2. Pages was installed by Apple when I ordered my MacBook.

Looking forward to hear how to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Tamara

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 9:15 AM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2013 7:53 PM in response to timtam84

Find Pages in the Applications folder and select the icon:

Menu > File > Get Info

What version does it say?

Have you done anything recently like reinstall the applications or upgrade your version of OSX?

There is a also a possibility you may have a damaged font or font cache that causes it to crash when you open a document.

Try creating a new Account in your System Preferences, restart switching to that and see if the same thing happens.

Peter

May 9, 2013 6:59 AM in response to timtam84

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Pages version 4.3. I have reinstalled iWorks to try to fix the problem. It didn't help though. I haven't reinstalled the application before that. OSX is up-to-date.

I've tried creating a new account. It's seems to work! Is there an easy way to share documents between the accounts?

May 9, 2013 7:34 AM in response to timtam84

Tim,

If your application works differently in one user account than it does in another user account, then there is a difference in the PLIST files. You apparently didn't locate and destroy all the PLIST files in the first attempt.

Yvan Koenig has written a very effective uninstaller script that will clear all traces of iWork, leaving you in good condition for a reinstallation, so you can start fresh.

Find Yvan's uninstall script onthis page

Good luck.

Jerry

"Pages has unexpectedly quit", what do to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.