Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add my own ringtones to my iPhone?

I was looking for the ringtone section in the iTunes store but I didnt find it. So I tried to import my own .m4r files on the iPhone via the "On my iPhone" section in iTunes.

They are now inside of the listed but they are also grey colored and I cant find them on my iPhone.

Can someone help me out here?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 11:38 AM

Nevermind I got it now. For everyone who has the same problem: You basically have to add your ringtones (m4r files) into you media-library of iTunes. After that you have to go into the "tones" section of your phone and activate the "synchronize tones" checkbox.

So you cant just add them over the "on my phone" section by yourself I guess. Even if you have the option enabled that you want to add your music and videos manually.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2013 11:38 AM in response to Laryllan

Nevermind I got it now. For everyone who has the same problem: You basically have to add your ringtones (m4r files) into you media-library of iTunes. After that you have to go into the "tones" section of your phone and activate the "synchronize tones" checkbox.

So you cant just add them over the "on my phone" section by yourself I guess. Even if you have the option enabled that you want to add your music and videos manually.

How do I add my own ringtones to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.