Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can hear the fan making a weird noise. What can i do?

My brand new macbook pro is making weird fan noises, like something stuck or loose. I had the same problem with my windows computer. I got my mac two weeks ago. I did not pay $1300 to have the same problems.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.2, It's a brand new computer. 2 weeks

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 6:58 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2013 7:22 PM in response to Khromosrick

You make an appointment in advance. They look at it and tell you what's up. If they have the parts, they can fix it on the spot. (but they will take it in the back where they have a static-free workstation). Fan replacements (if that is indeed the problem) are straightforward, but the parts are special Apple parts.

There is no need to touch any data, but service always begs the question, "Do you have backups?" If not, what if your drive died tomorrow?

If you have an external drive, Time Machine is good because it does the backup (when the drive is available) automatically at low priority in the background. It does not interfere with your work.

I can hear the fan making a weird noise. What can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.