Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ALL OF MY SONGS ARE GONE

Alright APPLE.

ITUNES 11 *****.

STOP UPDATING YOUR STUFF BECAUSE IT'S ONLY GETTING WORSE.

I was trying to add literally TWO songs to my phone from a laptop that I had authorized my account on and whatever, and I didn't know how to add stuff on without DELETEING EVERYTHING, which is THE ONLY OPTION ON ITUNES.

So I looked up some stuff on how to do so, and guess what, everything got deleted anyways, except for things I purchased. Stuff from albums, which is what my music library on my phone was 99% made up of got deleted. I pressed manually backup phone, and then everything except for 19 songs, which are songs I purchased from the iTunes on my phone disapeared, and so I'm pretty sure theres a copy of my music somewhere. Please help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 7:50 PM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2013 8:13 PM in response to frances621

This has nothing to do with iTunes 11.

You can transfer iTunes content to an iPhone from a single iTunes library only - syncing or manually managing music and videos - makes no difference. When transferring iTunes content from an iTunes library on another computer, all iTunes content on the iPhone will be erased first with a warning message provided indicating this will occur.

The iPhone's backup does not include any iTunes content. All iTunes content on your iPhone should be in your iTunes library on your computer used for syncing the iPhone.

You can re-download iTunes content that was purchased/downloaded from the iTunes store.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Mar 16, 2013 8:17 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I couldn't add anything from iTunes to my phone without having to do something with iTunes first. That's what I was trying to figure out, and I thought I had it but everything instead got erased. Now, I can add stuff from my library to my phone but that's not really a help because the songs that were originally on the phone aren't on this computer. Is there anything I can do to get it back? Or do I have to go to the computer that those songs were on to get them back? And how can I put those on my iPhone without deleting the few songs that stayed on the phone?

Mar 16, 2013 8:27 PM in response to frances621

This has nothing to do with iTunes 11. The same would have happened if iTunes had not been updated.

You can transfer iTunes content to an iPhone from a single iTunes library only - syncing or manually managing music and videos - makes no difference. When transferring iTunes content from an iTunes library on another computer, all iTunes content on the iPhone will be erased first with a warning message provided indicating this will occur.

Which computer do you plan on using for syncing iTunes content? If the computer you just used, you need to transfer your iTunes library from the previous computer that has been used for syncing to the computer you just used for syncing. Follow the instructions included with this link for transferring your iTunes library from one computer to another.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

None of the songs should have stayed on the iPhone. Are the few songs that are on your iPhone now in the iTunes library on the computer just used to sync the iPhone? Were these songs purchased from the iTunes store?

If the songs were purchased from the iTunes store, you can redownload iTunes content that was purchased/downloaded from the iTunes store.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

ALL OF MY SONGS ARE GONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.