Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problem after SSD put in iMac

After the origanal Seagate 1TB disc stopped working in 2012 I replaced it with a SSD drive from OWC. I replaced the Superdrive with a 256gb Seagate.

I all works good. Computer is now snappy and fast thanks to the SSD that holds the system and apps.

BUT Bluetooth don't work anymore. Bluetooth shows in "About this MAC" Blutooth is in the the top menu. In System preferences. It seems all ok, but when I try to add a unit it don't see it. I have checked the units in another computer.

Does anyone have an idea...? I tried resetting PRAM and SMC. No difference.

I also tried to run AHT, but that is not possible having a non-original HD now.

Thanks in advance.

S

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 3:13 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2013 9:23 PM in response to DK-sls

I have the same issue with a new SSD installed. Bluetooth magic mouse is recognized but cuts out frequently as well as bluetooth speakers, seems to be related to my SSD installation.

An oddity is that when I lift the Macbook from a surface or my lap, the Bluetooth connection regains strength. I know its not a matter of interference with other signals because my iPhone works flawlessly with my Bluetooth speakers when placed just inches from my Macbook.

I'm using Mountain Lion.

Bluetooth problem after SSD put in iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.