Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the target location in Finder Favourites

Hi All,

I'm soon to purchase an external SSD via thunderbolt (for obvsious reasons), however due to the SSD only being 128gb I had planned to keep my music and videos on the iMac's internal 1TB drive while booting off of the SSD.

In the Finder's sidebar, the favourites currently link to the data on the internal 1TB. Being that I will be doing a clean install of Mountain Lion once the SSD arrives, I was wondering how I'd go about changing the default target location so that the shortcuts can point to a different target locaton other than the defult folders that Mac OS creates on the boot disk by default.

For example:

Applications - Points to the default applications folder which will be on the new 128gb SSD

Documents - As above

Desktop - As above

Music - Points to a newly created Music folder on the 1tb internal drive which Mac OS isnt installed on.

Movies - Same as music.

I hope this makes sense. I recall being able to doing this in Windows Vista and above but didnt know if there was a way to do it in Mac OS.

Thanks in advance,

Armik

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 3G

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 6:14 AM

There are no replies.

Changing the target location in Finder Favourites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.