Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I only allow logged in users to see Wiki?

I have set up a server and the website, but it only works if you forward the urls, in the DNS machine records, to the public ip address of my of my router. I only want to allow logged in users to be able to click on a wiki homepage link to see it. Also, typing in the internal ip address of a device on my network doesn't get me to my server unless I allow the Internet to see the wiki.

So I would like to...

1. Make users log in to be able to see anything, like people, profiles, and wikis.

2. Allow intranet access to server with host names and server ip address

3. Allow logged in VPN users to see the site (I'm guessing this would go along with number 2)

4. If I need to add a custom site, how would I add the site so it would pop up when the URL is typed in and have a login window to be able to go the wiki site

5. I don't want to mess up Profile Manager either

I've tried many different things and can get one thing to work, but not the other.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mac os X Server-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 11:02 AM

6 replies

Mar 20, 2013 6:07 AM in response to EP_Todd

This has been an ongoing issue for me since I started using server app.

Tweaks I made:

1 stopped unathenticated users from seeing people page names, wiki names, all activity, etc.

2. stopped athenicated users from seeing peoples pages that others did not want to share.

3. added short cuts to the drop down menu for calendar

4. stopped error pages popping up when access was denied......

I have just updated to 2.2.1 so if you are interested I can walk you through my set up. Every time you update you will have to edit these files......

Its about 9 files that need to be edited most are under:

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/

The other issue that comes up is that the iPad version of the wikis is not fixed by doing this...... So all these changes do nothing if a user views the wikis with an iPad (sooooo frustrating) So you have to shut the iPad version down (I can show you how to do this too)

Just let me know if you are interested. You may not need all of these things but you can play around with the files to get iti how you need it...

Mar 20, 2013 4:25 PM in response to EP_Todd

Files to change:

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclientbase/pu blic/javascripts/sprockets.js

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/app/co ntrollers/application_controller.rb

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/app/he lpers/entity_url_helper.rb

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/app/mo dels/sources/my_documents.rb

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/app/mo dels/sources/my_favorites.rb

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/app/vi ews/layouts/application.html.erb

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/config /routes.rb

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclient/config /initializers/register_apple_plugins.rb

Folder to delete to remove iPad version of wiki

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/collabd/coreclientmobile/ public

There are way to many lines of code in these files that are different to go through one by one. I have put the files in google docs (server 2.2.1 mods).

There is a great program at the mac app store called CompareMerge you can go through the files line by line to see what is different.

Before doing anything I recommend coping all files that you are changing/deleting some where safe so if something goes wrong you can go back to the originals.

Once all files have been replaced/deleted you have to open the server app and stop/start wikis

How do I only allow logged in users to see Wiki?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.