Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No previous iTunes libraries folder in Windows 8?

I, like a lot of people, upgraded to iTunes 11. I hate it. Apple removed many essential features and the new UI is hard to navigate. So I uninstalled it and downloaded and installed iTunes 10.7. I know about the error of the library, so I deleted the iTunes Library.itl file in my iTunes folder. However I cannot find the "Previous iTunes Libraries" folder inside the iTunes folder. I checked "show hidden items" within viewing options and it still isn't there. So now I can open iTunes 10.7, but my entire library is gone. How can I restore my latest library? I am on the 64 bit version of Windows 8.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 12:18 PM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2013 1:40 PM in response to turingtest2

1. Yes I am looking in the correct folder (OS:C > Users > My User > My Music > iTunes

2. Yes I have searched my entire computer. I've found another iTunes Library.itl file which somehow replaced the original one I deleted earlier, but it seems to be empty as my library is still absent.

3. Yes the original iTunes Library.itl file is still in the recycling bin, I kept it in case I make an error. However I've also found that the original iTunes Library Extras.itdb and the iTunes LIbrary Genius.itdb have also been deleted, although I didn't delete them myself. I've kept those in the bin too.

4. Yes I still have the iTunes Music Library.xml file. I removed it once by mistake, but restored it to the folder after.

5. No I have never seen "Recover your iTunes library from your iPod".

Mar 17, 2013 1:46 PM in response to survivorofthefire

Sorry I was being a bit obscure.

If you have the XML file created by iTunes 11 (the large one, not the one that represents the empty library) then you might be able to use that to repopulate an empty iTunes 10.7 library with your contents, ratings, playlists etc. Method in the first link above.

Or you could attempt to reconstruct the library from your device using the methods in the second link.

Or you could give in and try to learn to live with iTunes 11. 😕

tt2

Message was edited by: turingtest2

No previous iTunes libraries folder in Windows 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.