Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can only import one CD, and have to re-boot.

I have had issues with being able to import CDs. My system is running latest iTunes V11 for Windows 7 64 bit Dell Studio Laptop. I did ALL of the Apple Documented System checks and fixes I could find on iTunes support pages. All of the Windows Registry Values are fine, un-installed all other CD burning software. Downloaded and installed latest drivers for the CD drive, have all of my Windows 7 default program settings as Apple recommends for iTunes. Ran "fix" program from the Windows Control Panel iTunes, launched iTunes from the Program Menu and not the desktop icon, etc. This is a mystery.

I boot up, import one CD, eject it and try to put in another CD, drive spins up, and then nothing; iTunes does not recognize the CD in the drive. Windows Explorer can see it is an Audio CD, and if I do launch Windows Media Player it will play the CD and I can go out and find track names etc.

Second CD I insert with iTunes up and running, I cannot play it, import it, see the track list nothing. Re-boot the PC, lanch iTunes, and insert a CD; bingo the first CD in on a cold boot iTunes works just fine. I have tried shuting down iTunes between ejecting and inserting the second CD, won't work, has to be a cold re-boot of the OS to get iTunes to see a CD in the drive. What gives? Seems like this issue is worse as each iTunes update installed on my system. Latest version is the worst, I used to get through a few CDs before iTunes would start to ignore the drive.

HELP, any suggestions would be very appreciated. This is extremely frustrating to add to my library, each CD takes a shut down and cold reboot of the system. Thanks!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 12:06 PM

There are no replies.

Can only import one CD, and have to re-boot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.