Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change scroll wheel increment in Effect sliders?

As we all know, for effects that let you change the value with a slider, there's also an edit box with the numeric value in it. One of the ways you can change the value in the edit box is by clicking in it, and using the scroll wheel on your mouse. This works well for some values - generally the ones with a large usable range. However for values with small usable ranges, each movement of the scroll wheel produces too large a jump in the value, for my liking.

I was wondering if there is a way to change this? I tried creating an effect template in Motion 5 (at which I'm a newbie), for Gamma, to see if I could do something to change this, but when I used a Rig Slider to publish the Gamma value, the jumps between each scroll wheel change were even larger! Clearly I don't know what I'm doing. 😕

In any case, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

Dan

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:50 PM

Option click and drag either way in the numeric field for finer control.

Russ

3 replies

Mar 17, 2013 4:48 PM in response to Russ H

Russ H wrote:

Option click and drag either way in the numeric field for finer control.

Russ

Thanks! I never knew that - it's going to be quite a help.

While experimenting with this, I learned that while holding down the mouse button and dragging, you can press and release the option key to switch between fine and coarse control, without the need to release the mouse button and click again.

Thanks again.

Dan

Change scroll wheel increment in Effect sliders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.