Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will a soft reset / hard reset erase my photos?

Hi,

I have just reistalled Mountain Lion on my Mac-Air and Windows 7 on my PC. The only copy of a large % of my photo album is on my Phone only which is acting buggy.

I want to do a soft rest or hard rest to see if it fixes it but need to knwo if either will erase my photo album collection.

can you tell me:

-soft reset?

-hard reset?

Cheer.

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 5:08 PM

Resetting your phone by holding your home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo, then releasing won't delete anything. Restoring your phone it iTunes will erase the phone, but give you the option to restore to your backup at the end, which will include camera roll photos. Be sure to back up first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2013 5:08 PM in response to TehgRa

Resetting your phone by holding your home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo, then releasing won't delete anything. Restoring your phone it iTunes will erase the phone, but give you the option to restore to your backup at the end, which will include camera roll photos. Be sure to back up first.

Will a soft reset / hard reset erase my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.