Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Movie Not Recognizing or Showing MPEG-2

I have the Sony HDR-XR520 and it shows the AVCHD in I-Movie, but no option for the MPEG-2. I'd like to import my MPEG-2 files and I have the most recent update of I-Movie. Is there something else I need to do? There is no option to switch to MPEG-2.

Do I need to buy something?

Appericate any feedback!

Thanks

Robert

PS I have: Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

iMovie '11, Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 8:55 PM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2013 5:38 AM in response to RobertJames123

According to the iMovie Supported Cameras list, iMovie should support this camera in MPEG2 and AVCHD.

http://help.apple.com/imovie/cameras/en/index.html?lang=en_US

I would suggest the following.

First, make a Camera Archive of your SD Card. You can do this from the import screen. This will give you an exact replica of the contents of your card. You will see why in a minute.

Now, Import all the AVCHD clips from the Card. When finished, delete the AVCHD clips from the Card.

iMovie should now see the MPEG2 clips. You may have to eject the card and reinsert for iMovie to see.

The reason I had you make an Archive is because if you deleted the AVCHD clips and it still did not work, you will still have a copy of them.

If that still does not work, let me know.

I-Movie Not Recognizing or Showing MPEG-2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.