Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ken burns effect won't die

I want to globally turn off the Ken Burns effect for my 722 slides in my iMove slide show. I have clicked on Project Properties, Timing, Fit in Frame, apply to all.

But still it won't go away. I really don't want to do one at a time. What else can I do?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:35 PM

7 replies

Mar 18, 2013 1:30 AM in response to taueva

Click on one of the thumbnail images in the project timeline, then select "Edit > Select All" from the menu. All clips in the project will now be highlighted with a yellow border.

Now click on the small gear icon on one of the images. From the drop-down menu select "Cropping & Rotation". (Alternatively, click on the Crop, Rotate & Ken Burns tool in the centre toolbar - or simply press the C key on the keyboard).

In the Viewer, select Fit (in the top left corner). All clips will now be changed to Fit.

It's best when starting a new project to choose your preference from "File > Project Properties", then make a selection for the item "Initial Photo Placement". iMovie's default is Ken Burns (as you've discovered).

John

Mar 18, 2013 2:33 AM in response to John Cogdell

EDIT to my first post:

I said: "In the Viewer, select Fit (in the top left corner). All clips will now be changed to Fit."

After doing the above, click on "Done" in the top right corner of the Viewer. It doesn't appear to make any difference, as my clips change to Fit whether or not I click on "Done" after clicking on Fit. But it will be best to do this.

John

Mar 18, 2013 5:12 AM in response to taueva

Here is another way that should work.

Pick any slide.

Open the Rotate, Crop, Ken Burns Tool. Set this slide to FIT (for letterboxing) or CROP to cut off the top and bottom to make it fit the frame.

Click Done, if necessary to leave the tool.

Now, with this slide still selected, click Command-C to Copy. (Click EDIT/COPY from the top menu will work as well.)

Now, click Command-A to select all (or EDIT/SELECT ALL)

Finally, click EDIT/PASTE ADJUSTMENTS/CROP ADJUSTMENTS

ken burns effect won't die

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.