Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband white noise when recording guitar??

My computer keeps sending me a white noise hiss every 8 seconds when I am trying to record my guitar.. I have it set as a real instrument then using amplitube 3 plugin. Recording or not it just keeps coming through every 8 seconds.. What am i doing wrong?!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 12:03 AM

12 replies

May 7, 2013 8:51 PM in response to ChrisWhitbread

I'm having the same problem with IK Multimedia plugins that I'm using in GarageBand. It started with the AmpliTube 3, then the problem migrated to T-RackS CS. Both are "free" plugins. Then I was using a trial version of their Ampeg bass amp plugin and when the trial version expired this white noise hissssss started on this Ampeg plugin.

Jan 18, 2014 6:58 AM in response to davidfromontario

Yes, I have same problem.

But I have a regular register Amplitube version.

Amplitube when start stand-alone work correct.

If I open Garagaband and then open Amplitube plugin I hear white noise.

Every time when open program Garageband it "forget my Authorization Code" of my plugin Amplitube.

I insert Code Activation but when reopen Garageband it ask me Activation Code 😟

This is a problem of Garageband. Lost Authorization Code of plugin.

Someone have resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jan 21, 2014 7:22 AM in response to ChrisWhitbread

I have response from IK Multimedia (I have open case with IK):

#####

HI, Thank you for you're email we will be happy to help you with this.

Maverick support is not official yet, so use it at your own risk for now.

We will have updates for any issues with the current line of products. Older plugins will not be updated.

There is an issue with Garageband as they updated a lot of code that effects certain plugins.

It will not work until we update amplitube and I dont have a time frame for this.

Jason Williams

Senior Technical Support - IK Multimedia

#####

If I understand (I'm not english) ...IK Multimedia don't have time prevision for resolve this problem.

Apple don't response on my case...result= I'm not able to play guitar 😢 ...

Mar 23, 2014 3:06 PM in response to aderenza

Today after new release of Garageband the problem is not resolve:

The problem is: Garageband don't recognize license of Amplitube for use plugin of Amplitube.

Amplitube team support tell me that problem is cause of sandboxing Garageband programming.

I ask to Apple team: is it possible resolve this problem?

Please tell me a kindly response when your developer resolve this problem.

I have a license software and I unable to use.... very crazy. 😢

Mar 23, 2014 8:55 PM in response to aderenza

Amplitube team support tell me that problem is cause of sandboxing Garageband programming.

That is diplomatic way of saying that the Amplitube software is not compatible with the new GarageBand 10.0 version. Sandboxing is a safety feature of MacOS X 10.9 Mavericks and Amplitube should update its software to make it compatible with the recent MacOS X version.

Mar 26, 2014 11:18 AM in response to ChrisWhitbread

I'm disappointed with both IK and Apple on this issue. Last summer I purchased the Ampeg plugins from IK for $99, which sounded great and worked pretty well, but the latest Garageband will not allow this plugin to function. The new Garageband has some awesome guitar amps, but they get an F for their bass amps. They work great (Guitar and Bass amps) but I'm used to and like the Ampeg sound.

I think Ampeg, Fender, Marshall and others should work out a deal with Apple. My suggestion would be "If you are a registered owner of these amps, then a plugin should be available to you (maybe for an additional nominal fee).

For now I'm going old school with a direct line and a mic into I/O converter.

Mar 26, 2014 3:21 PM in response to davidfromontario

I'm agree with you: sound effect of Amplitube is superior than native Garageband.

I think that is poor probably that Amplitube "gift" his sound to garageband with sound...but ask to apple to with with amplitube for manage a solution.

I think that I'm not a single people with this problem and that other plugin has a license method compatible with garageband.

Solution: Apple drive Amplitube to a solution of license for compatibility with Garageband.

Garageband white noise when recording guitar??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.