Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive and erratic trackpad in certain moments

I have a MacBook (late 2009), the white one.

Yesterday a few drops of water dropped on the trackpad and from that moment it has a strange behavior.

At first, for example when I switch on the Mac, it seems to work properly. But then, for example when I'm writing or when I'm using the trackpad itself, it starts to be unresponsive or to move alone.

Sometimes if I touch it with a finger, it zoom in (or zoom out) as if I touch it with tho fingers.

When these problems occurr, a little zone of the trackpad loses its sensibility.
But after a few moments, or if I restart the Mac, everything works properly.

Is it an hardware or software problem?
How can I resolve this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 1:38 AM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2013 6:59 AM in response to danguid

Since the start of this issue coincided with your getting water on the trackpad, it is very likely that it is a hardware issue.

Contact Apple using www.apple.com/support/contact if you are in a country that supports it or call the appropriate phone number on this page. Alternatively carry the MacBook in to an Apple retail store or service provider to ask for a repair estimate.

Unresponsive and erratic trackpad in certain moments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.