Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to MacBook Air - need to set up emails

Hi all, I'm relatively new to apple software and have just purchased a MacBook Air (2008 I think) from a friend. I already have an iPhone and iPad which both seem to communicate fine between each other, but I now want to introduce the MacBook Air to them so that all 3 talk to each other and data / files transfer using the cloud, as my iPhone and iPad do already.......but I can't seem to figure out how.....?

Secondly, I am trying to set up my email account on my mac but again don't seem to be getting anywhere?

Any help would be much appreciated, feel free to ask me questions that might help you help me ;)

Regards

Stu

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 6:13 AM

Have you started with System Preferences > Mail, and then at the bottom of the window there is a plus sign, you use that to add accounts.

9 replies

Mar 18, 2013 6:54 AM in response to Sharrison14

You are welcome, Stu.

If you are going to iCloud that must mean you have Lion or Mountain Lion on the Air.

We are all fellow users on here and happy to help each other out so feeel free to stick around and ask questions...and, as you get experience setting up this Air, help others with your knowledge. We like seeing new users learn and then feed that back to others, that is how we all got here.

Ralph

Mar 18, 2013 7:00 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

maybe im getting confused then, and its mobile me on snow leopard, because thats what i have, but have just clicked on th apple icon > software update and downloaded all that is availabe to bring the mac as up to date as possible i assume?

I have now asked the questions on another post so maybe we should revert to that feed and continue there.

Thanks

New to MacBook Air - need to set up emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.