Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set the 27" Imac to have full resolutions not 1280x720

Currently its not using the full res - I only have the display options of 1280 x 720

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 6:55 AM

13 replies

Mar 18, 2013 7:09 AM in response to zoeeyyy

I suppose that you don't have any external display connected, right? I suggest you to reset the PRAM first, before trying other things.

A PRAM reset restores the resolution to factory settings, too. After resetting it, your iMac should be using the 2560x1440 resolution. If not, open System Preferences > Displays, choose "Scaled" under "Resolution" and tell me what resolutions you see.

Another question: did the iMac come with that resolution or you used your computer before getting this resolution?

Mar 18, 2013 7:34 AM in response to zoeeyyy

As others have said, put it back in Apple's court to sort it out, but I realise it must be a big disappointment after waiting for so long.

Even though you shouldn't have to do any mucking about to get it working properly, you could try re-installing the OS. Maybe start a dialogue with Apple first - they may suggest that you do that before starting the palaver of changing the machine.

You've got free telephone support for 3 months (3 years if you've got the extended AppleCare).

How can I set the 27" Imac to have full resolutions not 1280x720

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.