Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use 'cmd' on a windows keyboard that doesn't have a 'cmd-button'?

Hey, I have a Logitech G510 ( http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/gaming-keyboard-g510?crid=825 ) and how do I use 'cmd' widouth having a cmd-button? I have a windows icon button so is there any way of chaning that to cmd? If so how? Currently when im pressing the windows button nothing happends. Thanks!

And btw, please tell me if anyone knows a way of getting Sony Vegas Pro for mac widouth bootcamp.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), With Windows 7

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 9:22 AM

thats very, very simple !!

just hit the Windows-button you have on your keyboard and that should just function as a CMD-button, and otherwise your keyboard is broken with that button, did you allready tried the other side Windows-button? otherwise i think you should just go the store and get yourself a Mac-keyboard,, works much prettier i think, especially when you are used to a laptop/MacBook (especially the really thin Air) you can also hook it up with another Windows keyboard if you like, but when you're used to a Mac keyboard, the buttons alt cmd and control are functioning different, but you can fix that somehow, i will search the web for you to configure that as you it would work normal.

found it.

System Preferences » Keyboard » Keyboard » Modifier Keys

---------------------------------------

to answer your secont question in the 2nd paragraph, yes you can, thats an app called winebottler, it will only work for default for normal apps, office 2007 and 2010 use different titlebars then normal, so im not really sure how that will work out, but for normal program you can give this a try...:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/33367/winebottler

hope i helped you out enough with this !!

regards,

Coengi!!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2013 9:22 AM in response to Fuzich

thats very, very simple !!

just hit the Windows-button you have on your keyboard and that should just function as a CMD-button, and otherwise your keyboard is broken with that button, did you allready tried the other side Windows-button? otherwise i think you should just go the store and get yourself a Mac-keyboard,, works much prettier i think, especially when you are used to a laptop/MacBook (especially the really thin Air) you can also hook it up with another Windows keyboard if you like, but when you're used to a Mac keyboard, the buttons alt cmd and control are functioning different, but you can fix that somehow, i will search the web for you to configure that as you it would work normal.

found it.

System Preferences » Keyboard » Keyboard » Modifier Keys

to answer your secont question in the 2nd paragraph, yes you can, thats an app called winebottler, it will only work for default for normal apps, office 2007 and 2010 use different titlebars then normal, so im not really sure how that will work out, but for normal program you can give this a try...:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/33367/winebottler

hope i helped you out enough with this !!

regards,

Coengi!!

Mar 19, 2013 11:36 AM in response to coengi

Thanks for taking your time to help me, really appriciated! But It's still not working, I mostly want it for the copy and paste and it didnt work to change the cmd key to alt, it seems like it cant find the keys. You dont have to reply to this I'll just try google and see if I can find something. 🙂

How do I use 'cmd' on a windows keyboard that doesn't have a 'cmd-button'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.