Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i download apps from two iTunes accounts?

Just got a new iPad from the school district. The district technician loaded it w/ apps, however, our school librarian has some different apps that she syncs locally for the iPads we use in our classrooms. I'd like to have some of our school apps, but not wipe out those that have already been loaded. Is there a way to do this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:53 AM

Assuming they didn't block the app store. On the iPad go to "Settings" then "iTunes and App Stores". Select the Apple ID and signout with the school ID and sign in with the other Apple ID. Now you can download additional apps under that account.

Just remember when updates become avaiable for the apps, it will ask for your password for each Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Henn4

Assuming they didn't block the app store. On the iPad go to "Settings" then "iTunes and App Stores". Select the Apple ID and signout with the school ID and sign in with the other Apple ID. Now you can download additional apps under that account.

Just remember when updates become avaiable for the apps, it will ask for your password for each Apple ID.

Mar 18, 2013 1:49 PM in response to Henn4

Yes very Easy.

Go to App store select Featured or Top of charts. scroll to bottom of page Logout of current Applestore ID and then log in using an existing user Name. Passwords required for all of this. Then go into Updates or more and select purchased. there will be Two colums here on the device. ON DEVICE and not of this device, Select not on device,once there select App and download. Then go back to Featured and log out and relogin under main account

Mar 18, 2013 4:55 PM in response to Dopplor

Thanks for both responses, I am more hopeful that this is possible. I have noticed something about a 90 day lock out? Would that happen in this case? Also, would using the second log in cause all the first ones to disappear? Or does it just add the extras I need? I just don't want to mess things up...

thanks

can i download apps from two iTunes accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.