Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the chip that contains the EFI firmware on the MacBook Pro A1150

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 2006 A1150. Once I received it I discovered the EFI Firmware is messed up! I can boot from disks but not the actual hard drive. However I burned a disk that allows me to boot from the hard drive through the disk (but only in safe mode) I purchased a piece of equiptment (Bus Pirate by Sandbox Electronics) to flash the original firmware back onto the chip. I received the Bus Pirate today and removed my logic board but I can't find the chip containing the efi firmware anywhere! I heard apple uses Atmel chips for efi but I'm not sure if that's on all macs. Anyway if anyone can help please do! Thanks, Matt

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:04 AM

7 replies

Where is the chip that contains the EFI firmware on the MacBook Pro A1150

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.