Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i turn off Mobile Me sync? It paralyzes my machine!

I no longer have my MobileMe account, but the MobileMe sync icon is still at the top right of my screen and periodically tries to identify sync conflicts (it says there are 24) and then totally slows down my machine to a crawl and the spinning wheel spins whenever I hover my mouse over the dialogue screen. Even if I hit review, it goes super slow. I just want it to go away. How do I make that happen? I have an ca. 2008-early 09 iMac with 2.8 Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM... Thanks for any help you can give me!

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 GB 800 Mhz SDRAM, 1 TB HDD

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 10:49 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

First of all, open System Preferences > MobileMe, and log out the MobileMe account. Then, hold the Command key and drag the MobileMe sync icon from the menu bar to the Desktop, so this icon will disappear

7 replies

Mar 22, 2013 8:21 AM in response to mende1

You're right - it didn't stop it from re-ocurring and the icon actually reappear - I then dumped it onto the desktop again and it is gone again for now... does anyone have insight into how to just remove all memory of MobileMe from my machine? I don't even know what it's trying to sync with anymore - I stopped using it a couple years ago when Apple phased it out, and the syncing never worked very well anyways.... apparently even Steve Jobs recognized, admitted, and was frustrated by that and that's why it went away and iCloud came in... sigh... I love my Apple products, including my iMac, it just would be great if I could get rid of this... any additional help from anyone would be much appreciated!

How do i turn off Mobile Me sync? It paralyzes my machine!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.