Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what's the difference between "bookshef" view and "title" view?

I have recently been forced to migrate my books from Stanza to iBooks (note to Amazon: F.U.) and I am trying to make sense of the sorting features. Title and Author are pretty straightforward. but Categories and Bookshelf are a bit more buffling. Any FAQ links or helpful pointers appreciated, as I research this.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:02 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2013 1:23 PM in response to kitdoor

You can view your books so that the screen looks like a bookshelf as opposed to a list of books. When you view them as a bookshelf (tap the icon of the 4 squares next to the search box) then the books should be shown as covers, and you can then change their order by pressing and holding the book that you want to move, and after a second or two it should appear slightly larger and you can then drag it to a different position on the shelf - 'bookshelf' is the order that you've moved them into on the bookshelf.

Categories should group the books by their 'type' e.g. crime, photograhy etc

what's the difference between "bookshef" view and "title" view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.