Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make OS X automatically take a screenshot of a self dismissing system pop up?

I have been experiencing an intermittent system pop up message appear and then immediately disappear. I am concerned about what it is because it dismisses itself less than a second after appearance and I do not have a chance to read what it says. Therefore, I am trying to set up an applescript or whatever to automatically take a screenshot of every new window that opens so I can figure out what it is going on exactly. I'm hoping someone on here has an idea about how to help as Google has been very unhelpful thus far..

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 11:43 AM

4 replies

Mar 18, 2013 1:28 PM in response to AppleSupportUsername1000

Does it occur when you do something specific or does it appear to be random?

If it occurs when you do something specific you could use Quicktime Player to start a screen recording, then trigger the action that causes the pop-up and stop the recording. You'll then be able to go frame by frame thru the recording to see what the pop-up says.

If it occurs randomly, you might try checking the System Log (using the Console app in the Utilities folder) for any clues druing the time the pop-up occurred.

How do I make OS X automatically take a screenshot of a self dismissing system pop up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.