Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

linking app from iphone to ipad

I am trying to link an app(game) that I have on my iphone to my ipad. How do I transfer it so that the level that I am currently on in the game on my iphone is also going to be on the ipad?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 2:37 PM

16 replies

Mar 18, 2013 2:44 PM in response to npihcuk

Download the game to the iPad, backup the phone and then restore the iPad from the phone backup. Just beware that your iPad will now be a clone of your phone in terms of data, files, camera roll photos and everything that was in the iPhone backup will now be on the iPad.

If you have some different content or app data on the iPad that you do not want to lose, don't restore the iPad from the phone backup or you will overwrite that data on the iPad.

Mar 18, 2013 3:35 PM in response to Demo

I downloaded the app (Clash of Clans) onto my ipad, backup the phone, then restored onto the ipad. But when I open the game on the ipad, it doesn't update with the current level that I am on when I'm on my phone, instead, it starts the game from the very beginning.

And another question, in my Game Center, it doesn't show my achievements for this game at all. It shows that I have zero achievements, which is not true. So now, when I log onto the game on my phone, I get a Game Center Alert asking if I want to load the level of the game that is on the ipad to my iphone, which is the exact opposite of what I was looking to do. How do I go about fixing that? Thanks!

Mar 18, 2013 3:43 PM in response to npihcuk

It should not have worked that way. When you restored the iPad from the iPhone backup, that should have transferred the game saves to the iPad. It appears that it wiped the game progress for some reason.

Are you sure that you restored the iPad from the phone backup? You can launch iTunes and go to Edit >Preferences>Devices and see all of your backups in that window. Look and see what the date of the iPhone backup was.

Mar 18, 2013 4:13 PM in response to npihcuk

Well if the progress wasn't up to date on the phone backup, it will not be up to date on the iPad either. But if you have been playing the game all this time and you backed up the phone, then the phone backup should have your most current game saved data in it. Therefore, when you restored the iPad from the phone backup, that should be up to date as well.

So I'm not sure what happened. I have restored from backups a few times and my game saves have always restored.

When was the last time that you played the game?

Mar 18, 2013 4:22 PM in response to Demo

I played it yesterday. I checked the other games that I am currently playing also and all the status/levels/achievements got transferred over, all but this one game (Clash of Clans), which is the only one that I really care about when it comes to the level that I have achieved on it thus far.

I've got a bad feeling about this, haha.

Mar 18, 2013 4:33 PM in response to npihcuk

Yeah... I have a bad feeling too. Especially if all of the other game progress transfered over. That's how it is supposed to work.

Try this on both devices even though I don't think it will work - it isn't going to hurt anything. Close Game Center completely and quit all Game Center apps in the recents tray, them reboot both devices.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus âž– sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the devices by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Then launch Game Center and see where the progress level is in the game

Mar 18, 2013 4:49 PM in response to Demo

I followed your instructions for the ipad and the iphone, but unfortunately, it did not work. Worth the try, but bummer! The game on the ipad is still at the beginning of level 1. The only consistant thing I see for the Game Center that is on the ipad as well as my iphone, both shows zero achievements.

Since the game that is on my iphone still has all the achievements in the game itself, is there any way to transfer or make Game Center recognize those achievements that have been met?

Mar 18, 2013 4:55 PM in response to npihcuk

I am not that familiar with the ins and outs of Game Center, but you do have to sign in to see your acheviements isn that correct? If so, sign out of Game Center on the phone and then sign in again. Maybe refreshing your account will help.

I just don't understand why everything transferred in your other games but not in ths one.

Mar 18, 2013 5:07 PM in response to Demo

Yah, I tried signing off then signed back in but it still gives me the same stubborn results. haha, it's like it knew to purposely mess with me on the only one game that I wanted. But however it's screwing me over, I REALLY appreciate how you've stuck by and tried to help me through this Demo! Thank you so much!

Gonna go throw a tantrum now! haha.

Mar 22, 2013 9:22 PM in response to Demo

Hi Demo, how do I back up my ipad games before I update my ios version? I already backed up the device in icloud but Im afraid ny current clash of clan level will not load just like what happened to npihcuk. I have two apple devices with the same clash of clan app with different levels. How do I make sure that the current level of my clash of clans game in my ipad will be saved and not the other one that is in my phone? Thanks much.

Apr 29, 2013 5:43 AM in response to npihcuk

I've got the exact same problem, just bought an iPad mini hoping to play games from where i left off on my iPhone. Unfortunately the sam app Clash of Clans hasn't worked and it keeps taking me back to the start. I've even tried using iExplorer to copy the data and this still hasn't worked. It's just so frustrating as a lot of the game you have to wait hours or days to make things better, this will take a lot of time to get back to where i am on my iPhone but by the looks of things it's my only option!

linking app from iphone to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.