Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a refund for apps that I have been charged for bit didn't realise had been purchased

I have been charged £130 for an app that I haven't downloaded or should i say hadnt realised i had downloaded until i got the bill! The only thing I can think is that one of my kids has inadvertently downloaded the app as another had been downloading. It would appear that you do not have to enter your password everytime you chose to download an app. Does anyone know if its possible to get this money back from iTunes? Thanks

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 1:23 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2013 1:51 PM in response to MarkP41

You can try contacting iTunes support and see if they will refund or credit you : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

In terms of your password, there is a 15 minute period during which it doesn't need re-entering, but you might have a Settings > General > Restrictions > Require Password option on it (I can't remember which version of iOS that it came in with) - you can also turn off in-app purchases via the Restrictions screen.

How do I get a refund for apps that I have been charged for bit didn't realise had been purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.