Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Install, No Bootable Disk

Hi,

I was just in the process of installing Windows 8 on my Macbook Pro Late 2011 15" when after i partioned the hard drive, and restarted i had the no bootable disk error, with the black screen. I was attempting to use the Windows 8 ISO on a USB stick to boot, and presuming that it wasn't reading the ISO on the usb stick went on to burn the ISO onto a disk instead. But that hasn't worked either.

I'm now in a sort of limbo where i can't remove the partition that has nothing on, as the boot camp assistant won't allow me to remove it, and there is a device called Bootcam sitting in my Devices tab in Finder with the 125GB partition.

When I shut my mac down now it doesn't even attempt to go to the No Bootable Disk screen but goes straight to Mountain Lion.

Is there anyway I can restore the hard drive to the single volume and try bootcamp again? Or even get the burned disk working with the Windows 8 iso on?

I'm really struggling here so any help will be much appreciated.

Bootcamp-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 2:25 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2013 2:52 PM in response to andysabb

Edit: I've managed to return the hard drive to a single volume,

I'd like to point out i'm using a MSDN copy of Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit,

Is there anything obvious that I did wrong the first time? I recall the bootcamp assistant not being able to find the ISO before i partioned the hard drive, until I chose to mount the ISO from the USB stick. And then obviously when i tried to boot it it wasn't mounted anymore. But then surely when i burned the ISO onto the disk it should have read it from there?

Bootcamp Install, No Bootable Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.