Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"not enough storage" to backup iPad to iCloud but have switched off apps in settings

A student at our school is unable to backup to iCloud from her iPad. The message says "Not Enough Storage".

She has deleted most photos (now only about 20 photos in Camera Roll), this didn't help.

We then went to manage storage in Settings, and turned off all the app switches. Still saying an additional 312MB is needed, which can't be true?

We tried to delete the existing backup, it now says there is no previous backup, but still requiring extra space. Any ideas please?

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 6:35 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2013 6:55 PM in response to michellenw

michellenw wrote:

If she is backing up thru itunes on a pc there might not be enough memeory on the pc. Or maybe she needs more storage for icloud. you only have 5 GB free.

But im not an expert just my guess

As i said in my original post, it's iCloud backup, not iTunes.

She doesn't need more storage, as she has only 20 photos in Camera Roll, and in any case all major apps are switched off in Settings, Manage Storage, so there should be very little storage required.

"not enough storage" to backup iPad to iCloud but have switched off apps in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.