4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 8:47 AM by Raymond Greenwell
araym Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Hi I'm having trouble syncing a new iPhone 5 and an old 3G iPod Touch.

In both cases when I plug in the cable I get a message: "This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the <named device>.  Would you like authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?"

Of course I select Authorize, then enter my apple account and password information correctly.  At that point it consults the iTunes Store then comes back with: "This computer is already Authorized.  Including this one you have authorized 2 computers out of your available 5."

Great.  So I click on OK, that window goes away only to bring back the original window "This computer is no longer authorized for apps ..."

I've tried this several times now & gotten the same results.  I also tried to pre-Authorize iTunes from the iTunes Store menu up top before I plug the device in with the USB cable.  Same results.

One tip on what might have caused the problem: I had a disk corruption a couple of months back and had to rebuild my drive from my Time Machine backup.  But it is the same exact computer.  Even so, once I entered my password above corectly and Authorized myself, you'd think it would proceed at that point.  No such luck; I'm stuck in this authorize->not authorized->authorize loop.

Help?

Thanks.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iPhone 5, iPod Touch2, iPad1 3G