4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2014 9:27 PM by tins4macs
mumbles2701 Level 1 Level 1

Hi all

i have IMAP mail set up on MBP, Mini and iPhone 5, all latest software but i appear ot be losing mail. I set up IMAP on all 3 devices, on the OSX devices i have set up Mail and assigned the INBOX, told the SENT, DRAFTS & TRASH to use IMAP but i see that although my MBP appears to get and store all email correctly, the Mini doesnt for some reason. It recieves and holds only 90% of the mail. Where is the rest going?

secondly to this, and i guess this will be solved if i solve the first issue, my iPhone 5 appears to be syncd to the Mini mail, so has the same items missing.

Any ideas? What i can check?

ive read a few posts about assigning folders being a problem but i have done that. Even though i have, in the IMAP folders at the bottom of the Mail sidebar i still have Junk and Sent Messages under my mail heading on both OSX devices, the one that works properly and the one that doesnt. Is that right?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
Solved by Csound1 on Mar 19, 2013 6:36 AM Solved
iCloud mail is an Imap account, if your mail is also Imap it's the same. Anything 'On My Mac' can only be seen by the Mac it is 'On'
Reply by Csound1 on Mar 19, 2013 6:30 AM Helpful
mumbles2701 wrote: would rules on my MBP moving email to 'On My Mac' Folders affect the above also?Of course, once you move them to the On My Mac folders you have moved them off of the iCloud account.

All replies