Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

certifications.apple.com registration problems

Greetings,

I am trying to create an Apple Tech ID number so I may take the apple certification exams. When signing in with my apple ID I get the message "Access for your type of Apple ID is not supported."

User uploaded file

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

If I posted this in the wrong area please let me know where it should go and I will remake it.

Thanks for the help,

K

Apple Certification Tech ID-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Unable to register Tech Id

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2013 12:01 PM

ditto

12 replies

Jun 11, 2013 9:17 AM in response to Klosterman

I had to contact SPS chat through GSX. They resolved the issue. The reason given was:

"I spoke with the certifications team and they had to register your email because it was tied to another Apple usage, like for example iTunes, GSX is very particular about what email address you use and what else it is tied to."

I hope this helps! It doesn't seem to be something we can resolve on our own.

Dec 3, 2014 12:14 AM in response to Klosterman

I've been frustrated by this one for a while too, here's how it was resolved:

- Create a new mail account, or use one that has never been associated with any Apple system and is NOT currently an Apple ID.

- As others have said, reset Safari.

- Go to https://certifications.apple.com, on the landing page BEFORE logging in, click on the link that says Create an Apple ID - this will take you to a special certifications related Apple ID creation page.

- Enter your details, using the new email account you created.

- Once this is complete and confirmed, login to GSX at gsx.apple.com, you should then be presented with terms and conditions and the opportunity to enter your employer's Sold To Account number. Your employer will then receive a request to confirm your access.

certifications.apple.com registration problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.