Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scanner settings revert to default

i use the apple scanner app in mountain lion with my epson 3200. it works fine, with the only problem being that it occasionally reverts to the default and i have to reenter the settings. this is not a huge hardship, just wondering if there is a way to save the setting so that this doesn't happen. is anyone else have this issue?

PrinterProxy

version 8.1 (405.1)

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 11:22 PM

The settings you make in Image Capture are registered in a plist file, located in your hidden User Library. The file is called "com.apple.Image_Capture.plist" and is located in ~/Library/Preferences. I thought that after you have set the values that you want to keep, you could save a copy of this file elsewhere on the Mac, and then when the settings do change, you could replace the current file with the copy. But looking at the contents there is more information in the file than just the settings you have selected. So I don't know how successful it would be to replace the current with the "backup".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2013 11:22 PM in response to eben

The settings you make in Image Capture are registered in a plist file, located in your hidden User Library. The file is called "com.apple.Image_Capture.plist" and is located in ~/Library/Preferences. I thought that after you have set the values that you want to keep, you could save a copy of this file elsewhere on the Mac, and then when the settings do change, you could replace the current file with the copy. But looking at the contents there is more information in the file than just the settings you have selected. So I don't know how successful it would be to replace the current with the "backup".

scanner settings revert to default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.