Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shared calendars won't sync between subscribers

I have (2) shared calendars in iCal with my wife for our iPhones (4s w/latest updates). I "hosted" them both, one for my work schedule, and one for appointments for our kid. The work iCal works great, she recieves any changes or modifcations I make. However, for the kids iCal, she will recieve any adds/edits that I make, BUT anytime she adds/edits an appointment, the changes never sync to my iphone. I even have the kids iCal set so she can add/edit the appointments, and not just "view only". Any ideas? Does this have something to do with me being the host, even though it's not a "view only" setting for her?

That brings me to my next question. My work iCal is set to "view only" for her, however, it continues to change back to "add/edit" for her, as if it's resettting to a default settting. Any ideas for that??? I can't have her accidently delete a work appointment - needs fix asap.

Any help, thanks.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 10:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2013 12:00 PM in response to bazookajewka

** UPDATE **

okay, I think I managed to get the shared iCals to sync our calendars that we are subscribed to (still not sure how I did it)... however, still have an issue with my Work iCal, and the "view only" "add/edit" option. I only want my wife to be able to "view only", so I turn that setting on... however, it keeps changing back to "add/edit". I can't be having her accidentally modify any of my appointments. Any idea?

shared calendars won't sync between subscribers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.