Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable automator?

For some reason, and all of a sudden, when I use a frequent keyboard shortcut in Microsoft Word 2011, an automator dialog box pops up and asks where I want to save an audio file that will be created from the text in the document using Vicky. I've never set up an automator workflow, so I have no idea where this suddenly came from.

I found the workflow and trashed it, but now every time I invoke the keyboard shortcut, a box pops up and says it can't find the action.

Is it possible to just completely eliminate automator from my system?

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 10:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2013 8:07 AM in response to baltwo

Thanks, baltwo! I did go through Keyboard Shortcuts, but neither the keyboard combination nor the action (or workflow) was listed. I was able to find the action and temporarily moved it out onto the desktop, but now the keyboard shortcut results in an error message saying the action can't be found.

I also tried compressing the Automator app into a zip file and deleting the original, but somehow it still runs.

This is very strange, since I've been using that shortcut for years and only now did it start happening. I don't recall any software updates between the time when it worked properly and now, either.

How do I disable automator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.