Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get preview sidebar to display notes and annotations by page>colour?

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard and I've noticed a few things that have changed with preview.
For example, I usually highlight my university readings in different colours depending on what topic they relate to, i.e red= answers to question number 1, blue = answers to question number 2 and so on.
This way when I came to writing my assignments (at least in SL) I would set my sidebar to notes and look for all of the red highlights first. However, in ML it seems like the notes and anotations sidebar is set by default to sort the highlights by text, not by colour, thus I need to view the highlight in the thumbnail mode (where a pink highlight looks almost identical to a red one).

Is there a way to change the default viewing option from page number & "highlight text" (ML), to the old way preview did it in SL?

Cheers

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Preview

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 10:20 AM

There are no replies.

How to get preview sidebar to display notes and annotations by page>colour?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.