Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help, second hand power book g4, no discs, update needed

I have a second hand power book g4. I was able to set up new user (me) and delete the old admin, no problem there. The flash player is outdated and I assume everything else is too. It is running 10.3.9 and I need newer. I have no discs, and the thing is crashing constantly. I will be lucky to finish this post, please help.

Also, the screen is not fitting the display right, everything seems to be askew. I have no major plans for this computer, Im just trying to get it functioning properly.

Thanks

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x), crashing

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 1:07 PM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2013 1:50 PM in response to Community User

You'll need to buy either OS X 10.4 Tiger or OS X 10.5 Leopard. If you look to the used market, make sure you get retail disks and not the gray-faced disks that shipped with macs, as they are locked to the system type they ship with, and it's easy to buy a set thinking they'll work, then the won't.

One source for unopened mac software is here.

If you want to install OS X 10.4, the requirements are here. If you want to install OS X 10.5, the

requirements are here.

Please help, second hand power book g4, no discs, update needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.