Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Version Available - Pop-Over

When opening an *.ibook I am getting this message:

'New Version Available'

'you wont be able to add notes highlights or bookmarks until you update this book'

This message does not display when the book is uploaded to the iPad using Preview.

How is this issue resolved? Ant..

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 1:50 PM

13 replies

Mar 19, 2013 2:38 PM in response to K T

Ok I have developed a book and and to create the sample required by Apple rather than duplicate the full version I created a new book and simply copied across some of the contents of the full version book to the sample.

In Preview nether the full version or the sample book displays the Pop-Over when opened.

With both books are converted into *.iBook format and downloaded to the iPad the sample book does not show the Pop-Over but the full version of the book does.

So I am guess now the full version of the book was created before iBooks 3 and the sample version of the book was updated aver iBook 3 so perhaps that is an issue. Ant..

Mar 19, 2013 2:55 PM in response to adnixon

So you want the sample to throw an update alert too?

Ask Apple it that I guess:

ibookstore@apple.com

…support phone number call +1 (877) 206-2092.

Global Phone Support
We have expanded English-language publisher phone support. To make contacting the iBookstore support even easier, new local phone numbers are now available for Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, and the U.K. Support is available Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PT).

Country Phone Number
Australia 1300 307 504
Note that this is a low tariff number.
France 0805 540 117
Germany 0800 664 5307
Italy 800 915 902
Netherlands 0800 0201 578
Spain 900 812 687
U.K. 0800 975 0615
U.S. +1 (877) 206-2092
Toll-free from U.S. and Canada.

Mar 19, 2013 7:57 PM in response to adnixon

This was the outcome to this thread

- Apple suggested that the book be submitted to Quality Assurance to establish if there was an issue;

- I solved the problem by creating a new book and copied and pasted the contents from the original book to the new book. The new book in *ibooks format does not display the Pop-Over message when it opens

Problem Solved.

New Version Available - Pop-Over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.