Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto running really slow - alt cmd doesn't work, restart neither, library has about 2000 photos

I already tried all options when starting iphoto with alt and cmd pressed - doesn't work

I restarted my mac - doesn't work

I clicked "repair" and "verify" disk in "disk utilities" - doesn't work

My iphoto library has about 2000 pictures, I have a macbook air 11' and the latest version of iphoto. The problem first came up when i imported pictures directly to iphoto from my digicam - iphoto kept on shutting down unexpectedly. Alt+cmd worked then, I rebuilt the library. Since then iphoto is running slow. I cannot even scroll down or up without waiting and getting a beachball.

Please help me - I have no idea what to do!

Thank you very much!

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011)

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 3:10 PM

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Give this a go:

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost.

Note: your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

OT

2 replies
    Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2013 3:10 PM in response to mesch107

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Give this a go:

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost.

Note: your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

OT

iPhoto running really slow - alt cmd doesn't work, restart neither, library has about 2000 photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.