Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder Actions with dropbox - the action move finder items was not supplied with the required data

Really hope someone out there can solve this for me 🙂

So Im looking to set via automator a simple set of folder actions to turn several of my sync'd with friends dropbox folders into 'hot folders' I basically want to move a file from any one of the sync'd Dropbox folders to another Single master folder again on dropbox for further processing. They will all be either mp3 or wav. The file should be moved as soon as it is received, these actions will be working at any time of day. It all seems to run when I press run in automator as a folder action but does not automatically? it also works fine as an application and as a solution I can schedule the workflow to run through ical to run at a certian time of day, but because the files may be landing at various times I really want it to be triggered as soon as the file arrives in the folders, but can't seem to get it to happen? any help would be appreciated. I have tried on both a macbook and mini both running the latest updates LION osx 10.7.5

I have aso looked at each folder for the right click - services - Folder actions set up options and also I have checked system preferences - Spotlight options

IIn order to get the workflow to run I have to include the Find Finder Items (SEE 1ST PIC) in the workflow otherwise it does not work? but for a friend testing out on his mac he only needed Move Finder items? (SEE 2ND PIC) but for me I get a warning 'the action move finder items was not supplied with the required data' I have restarted, updated, emptied dropx cache. Just dont understand what else it can be. Really hope someone out there cna help. Thanks

PIC 1 User uploaded file

PIC2 User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 2:39 PM

There are no replies.

Folder Actions with dropbox - the action move finder items was not supplied with the required data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.