Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get apps from my Itunes account to my Ipad?

I have apps on my Itunes account on my laptop and want to know how do I get them onto my Ipad2

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 4:41 PM

Have you ever synced your iPad with your computer? If you have synced in the past, then sync the apps to the iPad. If you have never synced this iPad with iTunes on your PC, iTunes is going to ask you if you want to erase the iPad and replace the content on the device with the contents in your iTunes library.

So have you ever synced with the PC before?

You can download the apps again for free in the purchased tab of the App Store on the iPad - as long as you use the same Apple ID that you bought the apps with.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2013 4:41 PM in response to Morningdove21

Have you ever synced your iPad with your computer? If you have synced in the past, then sync the apps to the iPad. If you have never synced this iPad with iTunes on your PC, iTunes is going to ask you if you want to erase the iPad and replace the content on the device with the contents in your iTunes library.

So have you ever synced with the PC before?

You can download the apps again for free in the purchased tab of the App Store on the iPad - as long as you use the same Apple ID that you bought the apps with.

Mar 19, 2013 4:42 PM in response to Morningdove21

You can sync them via iTunes and a cable or you can enable iCloud and they will sync automatically. However, see note below.

Keep in mind that Apps that were added and run on your laptop will not run on your iPad. They are two different chip sets and two different Operating Systems. Although some developers make Apps that run across multi platforms i.e. iPod, iPad, iPhone, Laptops, Desktops. Go to the Developers help page and it will tell you what versions and what platforms/devices they run on.

How do I get apps from my Itunes account to my Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.