Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loose home button on iPod Touch 5G, IS IT NORMAL?

I just bought an iPod Touch 5G about 2 weeks ago on apple store reselleronmy country, something that i don't realize when buying the ipod is the home button, when on my way home i touched the home button, and its not fit perfectly or not feels tight enough, when i put the finger on the home button the home button will move little bit acording wherever i move my finger, and the home button just feels little bit below the glass, only a really little bit, just not like my friends ipod 4th gen, or my friend iphone 4, and 5, but the peformance of the button have no problem, its responsive as like the other.

i'm kinda worry about this issue, i'm worried this is the faulty of factory.

is is normal? or i need to get to the apple store near me? is there anyone having the same issue? i need the answers fast because of the return policy

please help me 😟

thanks

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2, home button loose not tight or fit

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 1:33 AM

9 replies

Mar 7, 2014 5:33 PM in response to Rakadityas

I'm having the same issue with my iPod touch 5th generation, the home button feels loose, and doesn't feel normal! Usually a home button on an iPod, or on any iDevice will feel sturdy and won't feel loose when you tap the button! It is a factory defect, I suggest getting it replaced at the Apple store near you because the issue will only get worse over time. Do not hesitate to get it replaced because you only have a 1 year limited warranty, unless you bought the protection plan (for 2-years of protection)

Mar 11, 2014 3:24 AM in response to K-Rev96

Hey bro it's been a year since I post this! and then suddenly I realize on the loose home button but it's normal, seriously I had this problem before, when I posted this I really worried about my home button, but after years just using normally, my home work normal, it's pretty solid it's not lose anymore it's not wiggeling or something it work perfectly so I suggest you for not taking it back to the Apple Store. and now it work perfect, dont even loose or wiggling. Believe me!

I dont even remember this post anymore because i had no problem anymore

loose home button on iPod Touch 5G, IS IT NORMAL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.