Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Pages on Mac creates a copy of a Pages document created on my iPad?

Hi everyone.

I have Pages on my iPad and on my MacBook. Most of the time, I create my documents on the road with my iPad and finish it at home on my Mac. But, each time I open a doc created with Pages on iPad, the Mac version creates a copy of the document with a "~" at the end. Why it can't work on the same doc, this is really anoying.

Thank you

Dan :o))))

Pages-OTHER, Pages on iPad versus Mac

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 3:12 AM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2013 8:23 PM in response to danvin67

When you open a Pages document on an iOS device that was created or last modified on your Mac you should get some warnings. These screenshots are from Pages on my iPhone, but it works the same on my iPad. The first one is telling me that the file was edited on two different Macs & asks me to choose which one. After I chose one it then tells me that files can look different. The third screenshot is in Settings > Pages where I do have it set to open a copy. If you're not certain that the file will not lose any formatting, opening a copy is a good thing.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Why Pages on Mac creates a copy of a Pages document created on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.