3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 3:11 PM by Frank Caggiano
florko Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I made an iMovie, transferred it to iDVD, then burnt the movie. I then put the events and project onto my external hard drive. However, the DVD got scratched and now I'm trying to re-burn.

From

AppleMan1958 wrote:

Try this:

Close iMovie.

In the Finder, go to <user - that's you>/Library/Preferences folder.

Look for com.Apple.iMovieApp.plist and drag it to the trash.

Now restart iMovie

I was able to get the events back, however I cannot get the project back. It is in the folder "iMovie Projects" and I have re-started iMovie multiple times.

To try and bypass this, I do have the full project converted to iDVD and it plays on the computer, however there is an encoding error whenever I try to burn it (only became a problem when I brought the dvd project back from the external).

Any help through iMovie or iDVD would be greatly appreciated! I just need to get this disc burned again (gift for my mom)

iDVD '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iDVD 7.1.2
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (25,720 points)

No chance you saved the .image file iDVD created before burning the DVD? Or did you go straight from iDVD to DVD burn?

I do have the full project converted to iDVD and it plays on the computer

What format or file extension is the file that you are playing on the computer here? How are you playing this on the computer?

• florko Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just converted it to iDVD and immediately burned it, unfortunately. 

It plays in full in iDVD as the .dvdproj (iDVD preview) - which is why the encoding error frustrates me.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (25,720 points)

To bad, while it won't help in this case you might want to think about having iDVD make the .image file and then burn the DVD. This way if you need other copies you can just copy the .image file to DVD with going through the encoding again.

For now maybe if you post the encoding error you are getting someone might have an idea.

regards