Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleHIDmouse.plist missing from out-of-box installation. Right click on mouse not working

Hello all!

I have several MBPs that I help manage. Some of our users state their (wired) Apple Mouse does not right click even after setting it in preferences.

When we looked at those computers more closely, they are missing the AppleHIDmouse.plist file in /System/Library/LoginPlugins/BezelServices.loginPlugin/Contents/Plugins directory. While other computers have it included and right clicking works with no intervention on our part.

Does anyone know what would cause an out-of-box installation of OS X to miss that file? We copied it from a working computer and placed it into the directory on the machines showing the symptoms and their right button works now. But I'd still like some input from the community for our future deployments.

Technical Details:

The MBPs showing symptoms are 15"-17" with a mix of 8 and 16 GB models.

We tested OS X 10.7.4, 10.7.5, and 10.7.4 w/ Combo Update. All installed as fresh installs. File was still missing D:

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 5:45 AM

There are no replies.

AppleHIDmouse.plist missing from out-of-box installation. Right click on mouse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.