Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About MacBook Pro Battery.

Hello, I have a MacBook Pro Mid 2010

It has completed about 770 Cycles, Battery Condition is showing Normal also my MacBook Battery last for 4 - 6 Hours.

I saw on Internet that after 1000 Cycles Battery Life goes down, So all I want to ask is should I save my Battery Cycles by keeping my MacBook Plugged In to Charger and unplugg it once a week or its OK ?

Thank You.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 3:56 AM

You will not harm the battery by leaving the MBP plugged in a large part of the time. Unplugging at least monthly and running the battery down to 50% and then plugging in again is a good idea as the battery does need to be exercised occassionally, as do we all 🙂

The projected charge cycle life of 1,000 cycles is the predicted point at which the capacity of the battery will be reduced to 80% of the as-built capacity. That does not mean the battery will fail at that point, just that the charge capacity has declined to 80%. We had a user on here last week with a battery with almost 2,000 cycles on it and was just getting questionable. So don't worry too much about the number of cycles.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2013 3:56 AM in response to Rahul.D.Anand

You will not harm the battery by leaving the MBP plugged in a large part of the time. Unplugging at least monthly and running the battery down to 50% and then plugging in again is a good idea as the battery does need to be exercised occassionally, as do we all 🙂

The projected charge cycle life of 1,000 cycles is the predicted point at which the capacity of the battery will be reduced to 80% of the as-built capacity. That does not mean the battery will fail at that point, just that the charge capacity has declined to 80%. We had a user on here last week with a battery with almost 2,000 cycles on it and was just getting questionable. So don't worry too much about the number of cycles.

About MacBook Pro Battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.