Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3g not working on Iphone 4s 6.1.2 and 6.1.3

Hi!

Im in mexico at the Moment with a carrier called TELCEL and I wanted to know if this is a carrier problem or if someone else is having trouble connecting to a 3g or mobile internet in general from the Iphone 4s with the latest updates.

the 3g sign is at the top like always but if i want to surf or use any applications with internet it doesnt work.

I had this problem with the 6.1.2 update and with the hope of fixing the problem I upgradet it to 6.1.3 yesterday but im still having the problem

can someone help me??

cheers

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:24 AM

19 replies

Mar 20, 2013 7:36 AM in response to groidex

They are a supported carrier. If your account is provisioned properly, then it should work. You can try restoring the phone, but I'd call them back and escalate the call until you get someone who understands what 'provisioning' is and have them re-provision the line.

If that still doesn't fix it, make an appointment at the genius bar.

Mar 20, 2013 8:53 AM in response to groidex

I have the same problem. Since I updated from iOS 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 and now .3 I have had limited or no 3G connection. I have either one bar, sometimes two and most of the time 'Searching'. This is also draining the battery terribly. I have looked on other forums and many people are having the same problem. I was hoping that upgrading to 6.1.3 would help, but sadly it has NOT. Apple needs to fix ths right away as what I have now is a very expensive iTouch!!

Apr 12, 2013 6:57 AM in response to groidex

Dear Apple Support,

I have problem in 3G in my iPhone 4s Verizon after updating to IOS 6.1.2. It shows a message that "Cellular Data are not Activated" or " Could not be Activated". I contacted Y-Mobile CDMA service in Yemen to solve that and they tried many times without any progress to come to conclusion the problem is in the phone. I tried to make reset for network and to finally to restore the whole iPhone but the problem is still there.. could you help with this issue to be solved as soon as possible as i am really in need to use 3G in my iPhone

Apr 12, 2013 7:11 AM in response to ahmedaziz1981

We are not Apple support; this is a user to user forum.

A Verizon phone will ONLY work on Verizon in the US, and on Verizon partner CDMA networks around the world, but ONLY if you have a current Verizon account and ONLY as a roaming device, which means you will pay very high rates for use on those networks.

$20 per megabyte data, $1 to $3 per minute for voice.

In other words, the phone is useless in Yemen.

3g not working on Iphone 4s 6.1.2 and 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.