Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic 80GB randomly stops synchronizing.

Hi there

For the past week I have been trying to figure this out - my iPod stops synchronizing randomly. I have read almost every forum and question on the apple site and the web trying to find a solution, but I have yet to find the answer.So far I have tried:

-Recovering the iPod in itunes.
-Tried resetting through the ipod (Center+menu); also tried still holding the center+menu while the apple logo shows the first time.
-Completely formatting the iPod with EaseUS partition manager. I let this program also re-partitioned the device.
-Tried different software to copy the files - similar errors
-Tried turning options like use as harddrive and manually manage on and off.
-I have tried various alternative programs to repair the iPod - all with succes. Scans show no more errors afterwards, yet it still stops. Also tried windows repair. Also with succes, but still the same problem.
-Holding/tapping the play button when a song is stuck (read that somewhere)
-Checked all the music files for corruption - or any errors, and removed them. Also tried different libraries. Also tried new downloaded music.
-Tried different USB ports and cables.

-Deleted the files that were said to have errors.
-Synchronizing different ammounts of songs - which worked, up until about 2500 songs, after which it stopped again. Then tried to synchronize the same songs again - different songs showed errors this time, that worked the first time. So it's not the songs. (It mostly gives me errors 69).
-Tried itunes diagnostic test. No errors.
-Tried installing different versions of itunes.
-Tried the test in the iPod itself (holding center+menu, then back+menu), it gives this:
Retracts: 85
Reallocs: 252
Pending sectors: 45
Max 46c

Note: I partitioned a few days ago. So these stats could be decreased would I do it again.

If anyone would know anything that would help, please share. I am close to buying a new/secondhand iPod, because this is just stupid. My iPod has worked perfectly (it has only about 600 play hours), and just started giving me crap about a week ago.

Thank you very much in advance!

Karim

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 8:30 AM

7 replies

iPod Classic 80GB randomly stops synchronizing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.