Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to include an attachment when composing on my iPad mini

I have no problem composing on my mini but if I want to attach a file whether it's .doc or .jpg I cannot see a way to do so. Is it possible to do this? If so where do I look for the link to do this?

iPad

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 7:26 AM

8 replies

Mar 20, 2013 8:02 AM in response to Ray_J

Hi Ray,

Let's look at a photo for example, if you wanted to send a picture by email, you'd naturally want to go to Mail and Compose and send it, but you'd be wrong.

Instead you need to go to the Photos app, select the Photo you want to email and click the curly arrow - usually top right of the screen - and select the Mail option, this will then load Mail and allow you to compose and send.

I can only assume that it would be similar with the app you use for your .doc files?

Hope this helps?

Steve

Mar 20, 2013 8:24 AM in response to Ray_J

Hi Ray,

Glad I could help. This issue has had me confused in the past as it goes completely against the nature of what you're used to when composing an email. Also, and although you didn't raise this as an issue, I have no idea what you do if you need to send more than one attachment in the same email. I'm guessing you'd have to send one attachment per email - but if anybody knows any different that would be good.

Cheers,

Steve

Mar 20, 2013 8:41 AM in response to Steve Nicholls

Steve, and further I suspect that Apple is not wanting to include these features and abilities in the iPad so as to replace the computer. The discussion is ongoing as to whether it would be easier to just decide to use the iPad rather than invest in a computer with all of its power compared to the iPad. Onward and upward!😕

Sep 5, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Ray_J

Ray,

Welcome to the world of Apple! I hear many people compare the iPad to a Windows tablet. But, really, the iPad is purely a tablet and not a full scale computer. With the iPad you can only do very limited things that Apple has allowed you to. Yes, it is a very sleek, well designed, and powerful device. But, it is very limited.

I would not carry just my iPad hoping to replace my computer.

How to include an attachment when composing on my iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.