Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spacebar every x seconds

Hi all.. I realize this is probably a VERY easy script to write, but I've never actually written a script so I apologize in advance. (I looked around for a solution, but I don't know how to combine the two things I need.) Anyway, here goes:

I am trying to use Canon's Remote Capture software to make a time lapse movie of a 12-15 hour period.. however I of course do not want to be sitting by the computer pressing the "capture" button every two minutes. The software automatically has the spacebar programmed to do the "capture" command (i.e., when I press spacebar when the Remote Capture is the frontmost window, it captures an image from the camera and saves it to the hard drive in the folder I have selected.)

So here's what I need to do , I think. (correct me if I'm wrong) An applescript that says something like "hit the spacebar every 120 seconds" and just keep this script open while the Remote Capture window is in front.

this can be done, right? how?

Thank you so much in advance,
Kevin

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on May 21, 2006 2:45 PM

2 replies

May 21, 2006 2:58 PM in response to kevinjkokesh

I don't have that app, but sounds like this should work…

click here to open this script in your editor <pre style="font-family: 'Monaco', 'Courier New', Courier, monospace; overflow:auto; color: #222; background: #DDD; padding: 0.2em; font-size: 10px; width:400px">tell application "[[your app here]]" to activate
repeat 10 times
tell application "System Events" to keystroke space
delay 120
end repeat</pre>

Spacebar every x seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.