Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage issues: Can't sign in to iMessage and Facetime; Phone Number not Available on iPad or MacBook!

until about 6pm CST everything was working fine; somewhere around that time, my iPad iMessage started prompting me for my password over and over again. in trying to figure out what was going on, i noticed that my iPhone phone number was no longer listed. this led me down the path of trying to get all my iMessage accounts (iPhone, iPad, and MacBook) back in sync...and in doing so, i have idenfied the following problems:

• i can not get my iPhone phone number to appear in my list of iMessage accounts on my iPad or MacBook. my 4 email addresses show up, but not my phone number.
  • on my iPhone, i can not sign in to iMessage and FaceTime at the same time (i suspect this is related to the other issue, but i don't know for sure). i can log in to my Apple ID from iMessage and FaceTime at the same time intially, but then when i go to iMessage it prompts me for my password again. once it takes my password, FaceTime prompts me for my password -- then it loops.
    it looks like i'm getting into a loop where signing into iMessage signs me out of FaceTime, so i get prompted to sign back into FaceTime which then signs me out of iMessage...then it loops.

i suspect these issues are related and i suspect the issues is on Apple's side and something is messed up with my Apple ID at the moment.

i have tried adding/removing/resetting/etc to no avail. i have not restored yet, but it's my next step. i did take the 6.1.3 update and that did not help.

any ideas?

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 8:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2013 7:31 AM in response to nemanin

I had similar problem, and tried everything mentioned in the forums to fix it. Then, randomly, I tried to send an imessage from my iphone to my daughter (who ONLY has imessage through her email, and therefore NO cellular option to receive) and Bingo- a box popped up asking me to sign in to my Apple account. Then it worked fine for everyone. I don't know why it didn't think I was signed in, because I had signed in everywhere- but that was the fix.

iMessage issues: Can't sign in to iMessage and Facetime; Phone Number not Available on iPad or MacBook!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.