Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Match Not Uploading Recently

I noticed the last two albums I added to my library (live recordings) will not upload to iMatch. Had not had this issue in the past. I turned off match, added them, then turned back on and scanned my library. The reason I do that is I find that for such live recordings, it's best to turn off, get into iTunes and edit metadata as necessary, then turn back on.

Can't for the life of me get them to upload to cloud and I have done this same procedure many times in the past. Thoughts?

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 9:50 AM

14 replies

Mar 28, 2013 7:31 AM in response to Glenn Ferguson

I had been having the same problems as everyone else and after reading all the complaints in all the discussions and trying every possible solution I have been able to get past this. I have an iMac, Charter cable modem (30Mbps down and 4 Mbps up) and an Airport Extreme. I determined that my problem, like others, was isolated to my home network (not songs). Found this out by setting my iPad (with Verizon Data Plan) up as a personal Hot Spot and connecting the iMac to it wirelessly. Suddenly all songs in "Waiting" status began to upload, at least until my data plan was exhausted (About 250 songs), so I knew this was a networking problem. I in no way profess to be any kind of a network guru but I researched everything possible anyway. Apple routers do not offer QoS settings. However, Apple has a piece of software for download that developers use for testing called "Network Line Conditioner". Can't remember where I found it off hand, but figured it was a safe product to try since it was an Apple product and not some third party software. Initially I had no luck modifying the direct LAN connection to the router so I disconnected the LAN cable from the iMac. I then turned on the Mac's Wi-Fi and connected to my home network. After trying several of the pre-set options in the program, I was able to find one that worked and I slowed down my Upload speed and made a 1% allowance for dropped packets (My custom setting, I'm not sure I even know what dropped packets are). Don't know what this fixed or what the problem really was but my songs in "Waiting" now upload without problems or failures or restarting. The (GUI) program is very easy to use and simple to turn "On" and "Off". When "On" it resides up top near the "Signal Strength" indicator and is selectable with a "Right Click". I can't promise that this will work for any or all but I wanted to share my success. Maybe others can elaborate on my lack of "Network Knowledge" and explain this a little better. Good luck to all!

Match Not Uploading Recently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.